Legislation and Law Reform Committee
The MBA Legislation and Reform Committee reviews all Bills introduced in the Manitoba Legislature and alerts branch Sections to pending legislation when applicable. The Committee provides support to Sections when making submissions to Standing Committees at the Legislature and ensures consistency with prior submissions and CBA policy. The Committee takes active steps to propose law reform by identifying the need for legislative change and coordinates lobbying efforts to the Manitoba government to effect change.
The mandate of the MBA Legislation and Law Reform Committee includes:
- The review of all bills introduced in the legislature. MBA Sections and Council are alerted to pending legislation when applicable.
- Supporting Sections when making submissions to Standing Committees at the legislature for pending legislation.
- Creating and coordinating submissions to Standing Committees at the legislature on behalf of the MBA or one of its Sections.
- The review of Section submissions to ensure consistency with previous submissions and CBA policies.
- Taking active steps to propose law reform by:
- Liaising between MBA Council/Executive and Sections to identify when legislative change is needed.
- Coordinating lobbying efforts to government to effect change.
Visit Legislative Updates